The windrower conversion kit directly replaces the elevator module on the Grimme GT170 without modification to the host machine, therefore can easily be returned to an elevator harvester at a later date. The 5.3m long cross conveyor allows lifted crop to be conveyed gently over the adjacent 2 rows and deposited into the centre of the next pair of rows allowing a maximum of 8 x 36” rows to be lifted without moving the crop twice, hugely beneficial when making openings for the harvester and trailer. This in turn allows the “offside” wheel to remain in its original position as there is no need for crop to be dispensed in the valley where this wheel runs. The conveyor hydraulically traverses allowing discharge either to the left or right. Each end of the conveyor has a hydraulic ram fitted to allow lowering of the tip end to reduce drop heights to a minimum. For transport the conveyor can hydraulically fold up to 90 degrees on each end bringing the overall width within 3 metres. A safety switch and in cab light protects the conveyor from being folded inadvertently.
Conveyor, 5 sections, with a self cleaning, soft, low flighted PVC 790mm wide PVC sheeted web
- Tip ends controlled via the original Grimme elevator swanneck up/down control switches and a separate left or right diverter valve operated from an in cab toggle switch within a 4” PVC control box with magnetic fixing.
- Traversing of the conveyor controlled via the original Grimme Elevator main section fold in/out
- Conveyor belt drives via the original Grimme elevator web drive, reversing is achieved via a separate hydraulic valve and is operated by a toggle switch mounted in the PVC control box
- Folding for transport is achieved hydraulically direct from the tractor spool. The hydraulic rams are electrically locked from use unless the elevator is in its central position and an LED lights is illuminated in the PVC control box.
- The support frame bolts directly onto the rear chassis using the original holes the elevator was bolted to with an allowance to mount the unit higher or lower to suit application.
- Adjustable rubber baffles are fitted over both tip ends
- Two inspection doors are mounted on the rear panel for access.
- The unit comes fully assembled with hydraulic hoses and cables for direct connection to the host harvester. Fitting instructions are included.